Therapon University Accreditation
The government of the U.S. Virgin Islands has approved and authorized Therapon University to issue all types of degrees including, but not limited to, theology, business, education, law, and medical.
Therapon University’s accreditation is with the American Accrediting Association of Theological Institutions (A.A.A.T.I.) and Theological Accreditation International (T.A.I.). These are religious accreditations, rather than secular and voluntary, rather than mandatory. The agencies monitor educational and religious standards for Bible colleges, and their accreditation is accepted by many religious organizations. However, this accreditation would not be accepted by some secular organizations, as A.A.A.T.I. and T.A.I are not recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as one of the seven official regional accrediting agencies. They are also not recognized by SAQA in the Republic of South Africa. This non-recognition may have some implications that include, but are not limited to:
- Therapon University is not eligible to participate in the Federal Student Loan/Financial Aid program.
- Therapon University is not authorized to accept the GI Bill.
- Therapon University is unable to guarantee acceptance of its degrees in other postsecondary institutions, except those also accredited by A.A.A.T.I. or T.A.I.
- Corporations are not required to recognize degrees from Therapon University.
- Therapon University is unable to guarantee acceptance of its degrees for employment.
To reach a decision concerning our school, you should determine your ultimate goal in seeking a degree. Our mission is to train born-again believers to serve the Lord in some phase of ministry, as "Therapons." If you are simply seeking additional education to increase your ministry potential, our school will be an excellent choice.