Therapon University Accreditation
When God entrusted us with this ministry, we were determined to follow the vision He gave of validating the work of Christian ministers, ministries and lay people. It is our goal to help people receive the educational recognition they need to fulfill their dreams of serving the Lord. Therapon University has been blessed, and we have passed the accrediting test of one of the fastest growing accrediting agencies in the country - the American Accrediting Association of Theological Institutions. We give God praise and thanksgiving for this accreditation because, “Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that builds it.” (Psa. 127:1)
Our accreditation with this agency is a religious accreditation, rather than secular - voluntary, rather than mandatory. The laws of the Virgin Islands give us the authority to grant degrees, rather than A.A.A.T.I. The agency monitors educational and religious standards for Bible colleges, and their accreditation is accepted by many religious organizations. However, this accreditation would not be accepted by some secular organizations, as A.A.A.T.I. is not recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as one of the seven official regional accrediting agencies. It is also not recognized by SAQA in the Republic of South Africa. This non-recognition may have some implications that include, but are not limited to:
- Therapon University is not eligible to participate in the Federal Student Loan/Financial Aid program.
- Therapon University is not authorized to accept the GI Bill.
- Therapon University is unable to guarantee acceptance of its degrees in other postsecondary institutions, except those also accredited by A.A.A.T.I.
- Corporations are not required to recognize degrees from Therapon University.
- Therapon University is unable to guarantee acceptance of its degrees for employment.
To reach a decision concerning our school, you should determine your ultimate goal in seeking a degree. Our mission is to train born-again believers to serve the Lord in some phase of ministry, as "Therapons." If you are simply seeking additional education to increase your ministry potential, our school will be an excellent choice.